- Foundress Court, Pembroke College, Cambridge
Foundress Court, Pembroke College
Our project for Foundress Court provided Pembroke College Cambridge with an entirely new college court built in college grounds, located very close to the historic centre of Cambridge. The Court is a single entity formed by ranges of buildings mainly for residential use, but that also house a variety of teaching-related spaces.
The building is a single entity of several parts which are: the Master’s Lodge, a family dwelling that can either absorb or shed bedrooms at the second floor whilst offering two large collegiate function rooms; 92 student rooms; a modest car park and a basement with storage; computing; music and gym facilities.
“All in all, it is a most impressive building, particularly in the careful detailing and choice of materials, and it confirms Parry as a major talent of his generation.”Peter Blundell Jones, The Architects’ Journal
- Project name: Foundress Court, Pembroke College
- Client: University of Cambridge
- Location: Cambridge
- Completion Date: May 1997
- Natural Stone Awards - Winner (2000)
- British Sundial Awards - Winner (2000)
- Civic Trust Awards - Winner (1999)
- RIBA East Award - Winner (1998)